1 medium cauliflower
2 potatoes, boiled & peeled
2 tbsp. coconut grated
1/4 cup coriander chopped
1 green pepper
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 tsp. ginger grated
1 tsp. garlic grated
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tsp. cumin powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. yoghurt
1 tsp olive or canola oil
1. Break cauliflower into florettes.
2. Steam cauliflour for 3-4 minutes.
3. Drain, keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a large pan. Add cumin seeds and toast lightly.
5. Add onion and green pepper. Lower the heat on the pan to medium.
6. Blend coconut and corriander into a paste in the food processor.
7. Add the paste, cumin powder, turmeric, and chili powder to the pan. Sautee for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add yoghurt and stir until the mixture begins to boil.
9. Chop the potatoes into medium pieces of the same size and shape. Add to the pan, stirring so all potatoes are equally coated with spices.
10. When potatoes are almost cooked, add the cauliflour. Stir to combine flavors and adjust heat as needed. (A little water may be added to prevent sticking)
11. When gravy is thick, add lemon juice.
12. Garnish with coriander, serve hot with rice, parathas or rotis.
Makes 3-4 servings