1 whole chicken, cleaned and cut into pieces
1 cup yoghurt
6 onions chopped
Ginger - 1 inch piece, peeled and chopped
10 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
15 cashew nuts
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
Salt - to taste
1. Make a paste of the ginger, garlic, cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms, cashews and almonds, grinding them in a food processer. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pot, add the chopped onions, and fry just until they turn golden.
3. Then add the ground spice paste and fry about 4-5 min. After 2 min or so, add 4 tbsp of water and continue.
4. Add yogurt and the chicken pieces
5. Season the mixture well with salt, turmeric, and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add coconut milk, cook until the chicken is done. Garnish with coriander leaves.