2 cups whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp olive oil
large pinch of salt
water as needed to form dough
canola oil for shallow frying
1. Combine flour, oil, and salt in a large bowl and mix well. Slowly add enough water to form a fairly firm dough that is not sticy to the touch (Try about 3/4 cup water)
2. Preheat a non-stick sautee pan or griddle pan on medium-high heat.
4. Divide dough into 12-14 balls, roll each into a 4" round.
5. Place a round on the hot griddle. After about 1-2 minutes, small bubbles should appear on the surface. Flip the bhakhari at this point.
6. Brush the top well with olive oil and drop some oil around the edges of the bhakhari. Cook for another minute or so, and then flip again.
7. Brush again with olive oil. With a spatula, press firmly down on the bhakhari to cook evenly through. After 30 seconds or so, flip the bhakhari a third time, and quickly press with spatula. Remove promptly to a plate.
8. Repeat for remaining rounds. Serve hot with vegetables or rice.