500g carrots, peeled & coarsely grated
6 green chilies, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped
Cilantro for garnishing
Salt to taste
1. Remove the skin from peanuts and chop them roughly or put them through the food processer for a few seconds. Remember that the peanuts should not be blended to a fine powder.
2. Add the chopped peanuts to the grated carrots and mix well.
3. Also add finely chopped green chilies, cilantro, salt and lime juice to the carrots mixture and mix well.
4. Allow this mixture to chill in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve as a palate cleanser or salad with curried vegetables and rice.