1 large cucumber
2 cups plain yoghurt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp lime juice
Mint for garnish
1. Drain excess liquid from yoghurt by placing it in a mesh strainer or in cheesecloth for about half an hour.
2. Roughly chop the cucumber with its seeds and skin. Season with salt, black pepper, and lime juice. Set aside.
3. Transfer the drained yoghurt to a large bowl. Add cucumber mixture, cumin, and paprika. Mix well.
4. Allow the raita to chill for 10-15 minutes, then garnish with mint.
5. Serve as a cooling side dish with curried vegetables and rice.