Fish Kofta Curry
1 medium fish, cleaned and chunked into pieces
3 onions, chopped
4 green chilis
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp corriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 large onion chopped fine
1 tbsp ground ginger
oil for frying
1. Grind the fish pieces in a blender or food processer until smooth. Keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and fry half of the chopped onions, and chopped green chilies for 2 minutes or until onions are translucent
3. Add these to the blended fish, salt, beaten egg, lemon juice and mix well. Make balls from this mixture, roll in the bread crumbs, and fry in hot oil until golden. Keep them aside.
4. Heat oil in another pan, fry the remaining chopped onions until brown. Also add ginger paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, chili powder, turmeric and fry for few more minutes.
5. Blend the tomatoes to a fine puree and add to the above mixture. Boil until it simmers, add salt and koftas.
6. Simmer for 10 more minutes or until the koftas are tender. Serve hot with plain rice or naan.