2 cups cashew nuts soaked in water for 2 hours
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. Ghee (melted, clarified butter)
1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
1. Drain the cashew nuts and blend them in a food processer until they form a fine paste. Add as little water as possible during the blending.
2. Put the cashew paste in a heavy saucepan with the sugar and cook over medium heat.
3. Stir the mixture until it is smooth and the sugar is completely incorporated. The mixture should form a soft lump.
4. Add the ghee and the cardamom powder and stir again until all is incorporated.
5. Pour/spread the mixture onto a well greased pan or cookie sheet. Using an off-set spatula or spoon, spread the mixture to desired thickness, about 1/2 inch
6. When completely cool, cut into diamond shaped burfi pieces.