Chicken - 1 kg
Onions - 3-4
Garlic - 5-6 cloves
Ginger - 1 piece
Green chilies - 5-6
Coriander powder - 3 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder - 2 teaspoon
Tomato - 3 medium
Coconut milk - 1 cup
Oil - as required for sauteeing
Garam masala powder - 2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
1. Cut and clean the chicken in big pieces.
2. Slice the onions, slit green chillies, ginger and garlic.
3. Heat a pan and add oil and sliced onion and sautee till translucent.
4. Add crushed ginger, garlic and green chillies and sautee for 2- 3 minutes.
5. Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and sautee for 5 minutes.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes, continuing to sautee
7. Add the chicken and salt. Cover the pan and cook on low heat till chicken is cooked well.
8. When chicken is cooked add coconut milk and heat for few minutes and remove from flame