3 cups rice flour
1 cup cracked wheat (bulgar)
1/4 cup sesame seeds
3 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste (large pinch)
1/4 cup melted butter (ghee)
oil for deep-frying
1. Toast the cracked wheat until golden brown in a skillet with enough oil to prevent sticking. Let cool, then combine with rice flour.
2. Add salt, sesame seeds, and cumin then mix well. Pour in the melted butter and combine to form a crumbly texture. Slowly add small amounts of water to form a VERY stiff dough.
3. Knead the dough gently and roll into a thin, long snake shape. Separate into 6 inch lengths. Roll each length into a tight spiral and set aside
4. Heat enough oil to deep-fry in a large pot over medium-high heat. Test heat with a small scrap of dough: oil should begin to bubble quickly. Deep-fry each spiral until golden-brown on both sides.
5. Drain the murukku spirals on paper towels and serve hot as a snack or appetizer.