Basic Sindhi Puri
3 cups wheat flour
1 tbsp. olive or canola oil
1 tbsp. plain yoghurt
salt to taste
warm water for kneading
olive or canola oil to deep fry
1. Sieve salt and flour together.
2. Add oil and yoghurt and mix well.
3. Add warm water little by little to knead dough, making it soft and pliable.
4. Begin heating oil for deep frying in large, deep pot or wok.
5. Keep covered with a moist cloth for 10 minutes.
6. Make small apricot sized balls from the dough.
7. Roll into puris (4"diam. or as desired) some at a time. Cover dough that is not in use.
8. Deep fry each round in hot oil: Allow the puri to puff up, flip and fry on the other side till light golden.
9. Drain excess oil on paper towels and serve hot with vegetables, curried soups, meats, or rice.
Note: Puris can also be eaten at room temperature. Just wrap them in foil when they cool and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.