1 cup of farina (Cream of Wheat)
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of milk
1 tsp. cardamom powder
nutmeg for garnish
Dry, slivered, and blanched almonds and raisins to taste
A pinch of Saffron (optional)
4 or 5 tbsp. Ghee (melted, clarified butter) to toast the farina
1. Heat the melted butter or ghee in a non-stick pan or pot. Add the farina.
2. Toast the farina until golden brown on a low flame for about 2-3 minutes. Stir constantly.
3. Add the milk and sugar to the farina. Stir to form a smooth mixture.
4. Add cardamom powder, raisins, almonds, and saffron, continuing to stir as the semolina thickens. (about 3-4 minutes)
5. Remove from heat once all the milk is absorbed and the mixture moves easily as a whole.
6. Garnish with nutmeg and serve the sheera hot or chilled.