Soups and Daals
- Puran Poli: A sweet flatbread stuffed with mashed split-peas and sugar
- Gol Puri: Whole wheat flatbread sweetened with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom
- Rajma Pulao: Rice with red kidney beans, onion, pepper, and spices
- Peas Pulao: Rice cooked with peas, lemon, peppers, and finished with raisins and toasted cashews.
- Coconut Rice: Rice cooked in coconut milk with corriander and cumin
- Khichadi: Rice and moong beans cooked together for a smooth dish.
- Kabuli: Rice with vegetables, pommegranates, raisins, and nuts.
- Orange Saffron Rice: A sweet rice dish cooked with oranges and saffron
- Sarkkari Pongal: A sweet stew of rice, split-peas, milk, raisins, and nuts served during Pongal
Meat and Fish Dishes
Snacks and Appetizers
- Ragda Patties: Small potato patties shallow fried and served with a spiced bean or chickpea gravy
- Pav Bhaji: Warm, spiced mixed vegetables served on a warm buttered roll
- Assorted Bhajias: Vegetables coated in a spiced chickpea batter and deep fried
- Murukku: A deep-fried fritter made of rice flour and cracked wheat, served at Pongal
Condiments and Side Dishes
To top of page